Being apart of the community is one of our core values at Silver Reef Organic Farms. We are committed to growing our crops but also growing our community and we do this by volunteering time, donating dollars, and supporting programs that are bettering our community. Here is how we have shown up in the community so far.
Annually Silver Reef Organic Farms has participated in:
- Wellington’s Relay for Life – a fundraising event that helps communities fight back against cancer
- St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, Give Thanks. Walk – a 5k fundraising community event to raise money for research in cancer and catastrophic disease cures for children
- Wellington’s Thanksgiving Dinner – a fundraising event that provided Thanksgiving Dinner meals to less fortunate families
- Wellington Elementary Schools 5K race – a fundraising event to support the two local elementary schools, Rice and Eyestone
- Silver Reef Organic Farms is heading up the Christmas Lights Donation Program in the town of Wellington for the 2017-2019 season.
- 2017 was a hit! So many families were able to have unforgettable Christmas’s due to the community that came together around this opportunity to donate and give back!
In addition to our charitable donations, Silver Reef Organic Farms sits on several agriculture boards and community groups.
- Greg Schreiner is the chairperson for the Larimer County Agricultural Advisory Board.
- Greg is a Board member of the Larimer County Underground Water Users association.
- Greg began the Farmers Initiative for Larimer County
- Greg Schreiner is on the Larimer County Well Users Board of Directors Association